Thursday, December 11, 2008

Illustration class homework finished!

Late by a few months, but I took my free morning to finish the last of three drawings I did for an illustration class I took at the Durham Arts Council.

This particular assignment had been something of a brainstorming excersize: given a couple photocopies of a famous portrait (and an accompanying one for context), put the girl in the portrait into different stories/storylines. But first, just try and draw her. Here's mine:





Between session I came up with about 6 concepts, and after trying to compose a final drawing from my concepts, I gave up and went with the easiest. That turned out well, so I eventually tackled two more...which in a way make a mini story arc of sorts:




Two: getting ready for the day.




One: freed from the confines of courtly life, as much as possible. This was the first one I did.




Three: hideout.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray! I love the blog, and hope you put up all of your stuff from class (and some more new things) - in fact, if it helps your output to have expectations, I expect new things every week otherwise will post hate mail. Good for you, and was it really that easy to set up the blog?
    Stoked for you, Kissy

    ReplyDelete
  2. No no its totally true - SO easy to make a blog. The hardest part was getting a blog name, which, uh, as you can see...wasn't too inspired.

    Do it do it do it!

    No as to actually posting a SECOND post? Uh, that would require making art, right? Yikes.

    ReplyDelete