Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas cards






AL and I teamed up to make some block print cards for the holidays. I've scanned a few of my favorites and posted them here. Tisco Tansi is the little scrawny cat, which I cut. Cardigan is the hulkier cat; Anna Lena cut him out. I added extra embelishments: line drawing, pencil, birds, etc.

My favorite is #5, which I did most of. Except the bird, which is an old cut that Anna Lena made - a whimsical style that I cannot duplicate.

Each one is unique unto itself, which is something I love about home made block cuts anyway - even though they're the same shape, little artifacts creep into them. Industrial, yet, crafted.

Of course we're still making them (I think we're up to 50), and of course have only mailed out a few. Somehow it is easier to make cards than it is to write notes/letters and mail them. But we're nearing the end, so...hopefully no more procrastination.

















1 comment:

  1. Oh man, these are great. Love the Tisco looking out the window- nicely done, also really like the first one with line drawing.

    ReplyDelete